Experienced Gas Installer / Plumber
Based around Worcestershire/West Midlands, we require an enthusiastic and self-motivated, fully qualified and time served gas engineer operating as part of our experienced and professional team.
The successful candidate should have:
Experience in all aspects of pipework on commercial and industrial heating installations.
The ability to work without supervision and to organise labour and materials, and maintain a safe work environment.
Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to use initiative when required.
Full Time, 42.5 Hours per Week (8.00am-5.00pm)
Starting salary £32,000 per year depending on experience.
- Overtime Rates
- Holiday Pay (plus bank holidays)
- Overnight Allowance
- Call Out Rates
- Company Vehicle (only for company use)
- Mobile phone & Tablet
- The following qualifications would be advantageous but not essential; COCN1, ICPN1, ICAE1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, TPCP1, UHWS, CPA1, CCN1, CENWAT.
- A strong mechanical background for maintenance, covering gas boilers and HVAC maintenance
- Ability to efficiently install, maintain and repair plant and equipment
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both commercial and domestic heating systems.
- Good all round knowledge of fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good commercial heating and plumbing skills.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills.
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota.
- CSCS card
- IPAF preferred.
- CRB/DBS – this can be carried out if employed.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Working under own supervision, and/or under instruction from the company management team.
- Liaison with customers or customers of agents regarding works to be undertaken assessing requirements, ordering of materials and offering advice based upon training and experience.
- Keeping and submission of records regrading materials and works undertaken.
- Working with colleagues in a supporting/managing role.
- Installing pipework, valves and associated fittings on large heating and hot water systems.
- Liaison with customers and interpretation of their requirements.
- Ensuring all work is in compliance with Gas Safe requirements and of good quality.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe manner following safe practises of work.
- Instruction and supervision of mates and/or apprentices.
- Safety and condition of any company vehicles and/or equipment in your care.
Contact 01299 877700 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org